Thursday, 17 April 2014

The last week

 I write this, knowing full well I should be in bed catching up with my sleep for a strenuous day tomorrow, but I need to set out the details of a very pleasant and exciting walk that M and I discovered on the Saturday.  It involves going up the hill on the other side of Le Val, which affords excellent views of the valley, then round to another road past a delightful dell and down to La Vollerie, and back to La R through a sunken lane.
You arrive on the little road to Le Val, and you see this wonderful mix of round-topped and pointed trees on the horizon.
Then you turn down a beautiful sunken lane and here you see Honda has clearly forged ahead.
At the end of the sunken lane, you turn left and right until you are in La Vollerie. Then you take the path by the woods above St Germain, which has gorgeous dells backed by woodlands.
You go up past a sawing mill, then the road winds round until you are looking across the valley to Le Val.

At this point, the views are really gorgeous - almost reminds me of the countryside near Bath.
Photos don't really do it credit. You then follow the road round to the D17, and return to La Revenuais.

No comments:

Post a Comment